Female Dog up for Adoption

Friday 12 August 2011
The objective of this post will be more as an advertisement. An advertisement for a female mongrel dog I rescued yesterday. There is a story behind this well-intended advertisement.

There are many strays in this Puchong area. I hope to feature them in my blog soon. However, I saw this white puppy-size dog sniffing around. Not far away, there were a pack of strays, and this dog approached them, while displaying a submissive position. These dogs ignored it. It must be new to the neighbourhood and hence turned away. Guess it's not easy to join the club.

I called for this dog's attention. To my surprise - unlike other strays - it did not run away, but actually came to me. As I took my first stem towards it, it went into submission by turning over on its back. That was when I knew it was a female. I fed her some kibbles which I keep in my car. Her appetite was voracious.

I decided to take her to the vet for a full check-up, and vaccination. She is in good condition, and on Monday will be vaccinated. The vet said she could be about 6 months old.

I realised, while waiting for the vet to open his clinic, that she was very sticky to me. I was pacing up and down the road, and she followed me. And in between stops, she rested and tried to sleep. But as soon as I took a few steps away, she awakes and follows me. Can I conclude that she can be trained easily because of her willingness to be submissive?

I hope someone in Malaysia, while having an intention of adopting a dog, is reading this. Please email me for enquiries, or leave a  comment enquiring for details.



I am friendly. Rub my belly if you want.


Trying to befriend the other dogs, but was snubbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment