Mean people at the lowest level

Sunday 22 May 2011
Everytime after I go to USJ 8 to see my client's dogs, I will drop by at USJ 5 to feed some stray dogs and cats. Actually it is the request of my client whose dogs and cats I pet sit for. On days when she is not out of town, she will go over there to feed the strays.
The food is served in two separate containers at a small spot of a dry 1 feet-deep drain. This morning when I was walking to the spot, there were feces in the drain, on one spot near the containers, and some traces of it in the containers. The feces belongs to that of a dog. I spoke to my client about this incident and she said that this is not the first time that this is has happened.
I do notice that I get very hostile stares by maids and residences when I leave food for them. And I do get paranoid feelings that after I leave, someone will throw away the kibbles I had left behind. Today, however, I never expected to see the result of such a demeaning action. Thinking back, I should have taken some photo shots, but was disgusted at that time to think of anything else. It is not that I am only feeding dogs. Cats are also the beneficiary. And I don't give leftover food which creates a mess. It's kibbles.
This residential area demographically comprises the middle to upper income group. Majority are Chinese. If they are the culprits - and not possibly the maids - I will hypothesise that people who are cruel to animals has no profile segmentation. It is just the unique behaviour and attitude of the Malaysian citizens.
There is much hype and outrage in response to animal cruelty. Responses like making police reports, collecting signatures as petitions to be given to the Prime Minister. Frankly, it is a waste of effort. It is just the nature of these minority people to behave that way. They cannot be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment