Sightings of monkeys - with a message

Wednesday 27 July 2011
One morning, after parking the car at the Visitor's carpark of a condominium where my friend resides, I heard screeching noises. What a scene it was when I looked at the direction where the noise came from.  A pack of monkeys were on a wall, and while they were heading for the trees - presumably to go back home - they were frolicking and playing among themselves.




This residential area is in Segambut, next to the French International School. There is still much remaining forests in sight. However, it may not be long before I see less of these. Another area of land right in front of the school had been cleared a month ago to make way for a new block of condominiums. At this particular area, there used to be some stray dogs which were exceptionally friendly. I could even get to pet one of them. They are that friendly because the residents have been feeding them. Since the trees have been cut down, they were no where to be seen. If dogs - which only seek refuge in the fringes of these forest - are driven away due to deforestation, there need not be any guessing how many species of animals- which depend on the innards of the forest for survival - are also affected.

As I watched these not-so-clear videos taken with my handphone with amusement, I pondered about these animals' future.

No comments:

Post a Comment